101 West 5th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Located in the heart of downtown.
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from The Triad who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the The Triad area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-1:00PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
- Ariel Gray
Say goodbye to your inner wallflower and find yourself with help from the experts at John Casablancas.Presented by Ariel Gray from John Casablancas
With the help of a panel of local teenage boys, we will attempt to unravel the inner-mysteries of the male brain or at least try! (Results not guaranteed.)Presented by Rebecca Hicks
Dr. Shawn Ricks
(description needed)Presented by Dr. Shawn Ricks from Creative Counseling Center
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Syncopate - A Capella Group
- aCapella Group - Hanes Magnet School - A Capella Group
- Tara Flury
- Hanes Magnet School- Future City Team Aleppo - A Capella Group
- Three Graces Entertainment - Belly Dancing
- Giving Arts Dance Project
- MixxFit - Women's Wellness & Fitness
- Zumba - Women's Wellness & Fitness
Workshops & Demos
ECG ROBOTICS DEMO
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Cookie Decorating
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
February 23, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 29, 2020
Cleveland, OHEXPO INFO
April 19, 2020
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO