Thank you St. Louis
3026 Laclede Ave
St. Louis, MO 63103
1PM - 5PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from St. Louis who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the St. Louis area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2019 St. Louis Girls of Merit!
Cortnie ShMyLA Mangrum
Na’ila Samiah Kerr
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 1PM-1:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.Presented by Grammy award winning entertainer, entrepreneur, and singer-songwriter - Chrisette Michele
- Kelly Wieser Associate Director of Prevention Education, National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse - St. Louis
- Meg Boyko Executive Director, Teen Pregnancy & Prevention Partnership
- Damaris Karanja Licensed Professional Counselor, EMDR Therapist, and Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Healing Streams Counseling, LLC
- Abra McField CEO, Abra Kadabara Hair and Healing Company
|Kelly Wieser||Meg Boyko||Damaris Karanja||Abra McField|
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Chinese Fan Dance
- Dazzling Diamonds
- St. Louis Ambush Brigade
- Diva Sweat Dance Company
- Miss Missouri’s Outstanding Teen - Shae Smith
- Saint Louis University K:ODE Ode to K-Pop
- Sizzling Starz Majorettes
- Harris-Stowe State University Honeycomb Majorette Dance Team
- Consuming Kinetics Dance Company - Junior Company Dancers
- CheerDolls - Cheerleading
- Arch Rival Roller Derby - Roller Derby
- Tammy's Tumbling and Dance - Gymnastics
- Infinity Cheer Elite - Cheerleading
- Henna by Zohra - Henna
- 500 Women Scientists - Interactive STEM Exhibit
- Face Painting from Abra-Kid-Abra
- Miss Missouri - Simone Esters
- St. Louis Science Center - Interactive STEM Exhibit
Workshops & Demos
SAFETY & BASIC SELF DEFENSE- Damsel in Defense
RIDGESIDE K9- Ridgeside K9 StL
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 1:00 - 5:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by School of Arts, Media, Communications, Fashion Business & Design - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Photo Booth
- Glitter Tattoos
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
February 22, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
February 23, 2020
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
March 1, 2020
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
March 21, 2020
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 29, 2020
Cleveland, OHEXPO INFO