Another amazing day in Harrisburg! Thank you to Agora Cyber Charter School for making it possible for hundreds of girls to attend for FREE! The day included amazing robotics from Technological Intelligence, a day in the life of a medical professional in the Immersive Cinematic Experience from PA College of Health Sciences, creating "goal boards" and other beautiful art made possible by PALCS, and pampering from Lancaster School of Cosmetology and Therapeutic Bodywork. Papa Johns brought their yummy pizza (and message of support for local youth) and of course we had Hershey chocolate everywhere! There were singers, dancers, hula hoopers, gymnasts, roller derby and contortionists! HB McClure brought us Jill of all Trades and Penn State Hershey Medical Center always lends their support. The 10 girls honored for the Girl of Merit award were exceptional and the day wrapped up with a fashion show that taught us all that you really can dress for any occasion on any budget at Goodwill! Thank you PA Media Group for being an amazing partner!
800 East Park Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17111
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Harrisburg who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Harrisburg area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Congratulations 2019 Harrisburg Girls of Merit!
Aliyah Carmen Mariluz
Meet our Advisory Board
Entertainment & Demo Stage Manager
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-1:00PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
A special thank you to girls who have proven themselves exceptional members of the community through their actions, activities, leadership, and positive influence on others.Presented by:
- Sharice Johnson Program Coordinator of Youth Development and Mentor, Milton Hershey School
Explore your options in this interactive panel with tips and tricks from the experts on finding your path. Study tips, choosing a major, going straight to the workforce - bring your questions, we'll discuss it all!Presented by:
- Sara Stephenson Family Coach, Agora Cyber Charter School
- Stephanie Keller Program Manager, NuPaths
- PA College of Health Sciences
|Sara Stephenson||Stephanie Keller||PA College of Health Sciences|
Wondering what your true gifts and talents are? Better yet, how to even identify and then put them to great use? Discovering Your Diamond is the course for those who are puzzled about those very things. It's never to late to uncover your hidden treasures. Sponsored by Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
DaRonda McDuffie Entrepreneur, Speaker, and Lifestyle Coach, GoaledNation Coaching
MaDonna Akua Awotwi
In this fun and interactive workshop, participants will chart out their goals, discuss why it is important to keep site of their goals, and create "goal boards" to make tangible images of the things they wish to accomplish.
MaDonna Akua Awotwi Director of Communications, African American Chamber of Commerce of Central PA
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- Cay Samaire
- Spotlight Kidz
- Boys & Girls Club of Harrisburg - Drumline
- McGinley School of Irish Dance
- Artistic Sports Academy Plus Competition Team - Gymnastics
- Artz N' Motion - Circus Entertainment
- Face Painting & Body Art by Kara
- Touch Here PhotoBooths - Photo Booth
- Keystone Roller Derby - Roller Derby
Workshops & Demos
'Jill of All Trades' sponsored by HB McClure
College isn't for everyone. Women can be plumbers, electricians, carpenters, welders and more. Find out about opportunities for a career in a hands-on trade or business you might not have considered.
CALAMITY JANE: FIRE PERFORMER EXTRAORDINAIRE- Central Pennsylvania Fire Tribe
PUNK ROPE DEMO- lb Fitness
ROBOTICS DEMO - TECHNOLOGICAL INTELLIGENCE TEAM 16466
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Girls of Merit Award Ceremony
- Fashion Showcase sponsored by Goodwill Capital Region - Find your inner fierceness with fashion tips and trends.
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- Girls World of Art Show sponsored by PALCS - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- Cyber Lounge - Whether we know it or not, a lot of personal info is available online. So what happens if it falls into the wrong hands? Learn the facts about cyber safety and how to know when it's time to log off.
- Pamper Me Lounge sponsored by Lancaster School of Cosmetology & Therapeutic Bodywork - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
October 27, 2019
Harrisburg, PAEXPO INFO
November 9, 2019
San Francisco, CAEXPO INFO
November 10, 2019
Ft. Wayne, INEXPO INFO
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
February 22, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
February 23, 2020
Buffalo, NYEXPO INFO
March 1, 2020
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
March 21, 2020
Detroit, MIEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 29, 2020
Cleveland, OHEXPO INFO