Thank you Buffalo!
6461 Transit Road
Buffalo, NY 14043
12PM - 4PM
Girls World Expo is a day-long event created by local teen girls for local teen girls – our local Girls Advisory Board is made up of teens from Buffalo who have created a unique show just for you! We have also worked closely with our local media partner, to fill the day with seminars, performances, demonstrations and vendors that serve your needs in the Buffalo area!
Girls World Expo can change your life – come together with your friends, or make new ones at the Expo, to enjoy a magical day where you will hear from and meet successful and powerful women right from your own community who can show you a path to success! You will attend workshops, listen to speakers, see demonstrations, science exhibits, and speak one-on-one with women who are leaders in business, government, industry, the arts, and many other realms of endeavor. It's a rare opportunity for you to see what your future could be, and learn what it will take to get there.
But it's not all work! Girls World Expo is also fun. There's fashion, an art show, music and dance performances by talented local artists, and the always-popular GWE Marketplace, where you can see and purchase everything from hair accessories to self-help materials, and clothing to jewelry.
It's not just another day. It's a very special day. It's an opportunity to spend a day in a safe, secure environment inspired by the company of other girls and not just seeing but creating the future. Your future.
Meet our Advisory Board
Bright Ideas/Science Coordinator
Social Media/Public Relations Manager
What to Expect
Welcome & Musical Performances: 12PM-12:45PM
Kick off the day with a warm welcome from our Girls Advisory Board (all local girls) and enjoy our first entertainment act of the day!
Meet some of the area’s fiercest female visionaries and hear how they're helping change the game for girls.Presented by:
- Rev. Elizabeth Duffy Pastor, Zion United Church of Christ
- Nina S. Heard Global Supply Chain Planner, General Motors Company
- Alison Wilcox Chief Executive Officer, Girl Scouts of Western New York
- Alyssa Hough Civil Affairs Specialist, Full-time student, U.S. Army, University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
- Katherine Spillman Principal, Mount St. Mary Academy
|Rev. Elizabeth Duffy||Nina S. Heard||Alison Wilcox||Alyssa Hough||Katherine Spillman|
Submit questions to our panel of experts anonymously and get answers instantly...like Google, but without a search history. This is your chance to ask those personal and crazy – gotta know! questions. No moms allowed. (For ages 13+)Presented by:
- Dr. Keli Koran Luchey Assistant Principal & Sweet Home HS and CEO Lucid Pathways, LLC, Lucid Pathways, LLC - Educational Consulting, Life Coaching & Personal Counseling Services
- Rachel Sandle-Sacco Prevention Educator & Victim Advocate, YWCA of the Niagara Frontier
- Lindsay Amico Youth Coordinator, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Donna Nocera-Perna Vice President, Transit Lanes, Inc.
|Dr. Keli Koran Luchey||Rachel Sandle-Sacco||Lindsay Amico||Donna Nocera-Perna|
Girls World Expo is teaming up with Foster Love Closet to collect donations that will help aid the foster care community in Buffalo. Items needed are: Socks, shoes (including sandals for summer), summer clothing items and diapers. Foster Love Closet is an all-volunteer, donation-based, tax-exempt, non-profit, organization that provides aid to the foster care community. They supply clothing and other needed child/young adult related items at NO COST to foster/kinship families. Help us by bringing your donations to the expo.
Featuring performances from local entertainers and showcasing talent by local girls.
- The Devastation Dance Company
- Up! State Cirque Troupe - Circus Entertainment
- UB School of Engineering and Applied Sciences - "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase
- Personal Best - Fashion
- DJ DRE Music & Photo Booths - Photo Booth
- Global Pearls Drill Team
- DJ THE DEE JAY
- The Smiling Face Painter
- Loti Henna Studio - Henna
Workshops & Demos
'Girls AUTO Know' sponsored by Towne Auto Group VW and Towne Auto Group Audi
One of the most exciting moments for a teenage girl is getting her driver's license! But this right of passage also brings responsibility. Learn basic maintenance & road safety. It's everything a girl AUTO know!
ROLLER DERBY DEMO- Queen City Roller Girls
Ongoing Activities & Entertainment: 12:00 - 4:00PM
- Pamper Me Lounge sponsored by The Salon Professional Academy and Excuria Salon and Spa - Indulge in various hair, skin, nails and/or makeup products & services.
- Fitness Demos
- Henna Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Live Music & Dance Performances
- Hot Topic Seminars & Workshops
- Girls World of Art Show - Come see how local girls express themselves through art. Art is a celebration of self-expression, creativity ad self esteem all on display at GWE.
- "Bright Ideas" STEM Showcase - The future is female, and we are here for it. #GirlNerds unite for this one-of-a-kind workshop on what it really means to be a lady in STEM.
- Exhibitor Marketplace - A thriving shopping area where local vendors sell and demonstrate their goods. A unique shopping and experiential opportunity in a fun, upbeat inspiring atmosphere. Exhibit your goods and services.
- Healthy Living
- College & Career Coaching - Meet local mentors and entrepreneurs who will help guide you towards a bright and prosperous future.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE!
We will thank everyone for participating in such a special day and celebrate with a closing act!
In partnership with:
Expos Coming Soon...
Get registered for these fun and exciting expos coming to a city near you!
November 24, 2019
Syracuse, NYEXPO INFO
February 23, 2020
Indianapolis, INEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Bloomington, ILEXPO INFO
March 8, 2020
Lexington, KYEXPO INFO
March 28, 2020
Midland-Odessa, TXEXPO INFO
March 29, 2020
Cleveland, OHEXPO INFO
April 19, 2020
Columbus, OHEXPO INFO